👋 Meaning: A yellow palm with two little vibrating waves on either side, representing the action of waving. This emoji signifies greeting someone, like saying ‘Hi’, ‘What’s up’, ‘Long time no see!’, etc.
The 👋 Waving Hand can also mean a slap, in a friendly and casual way (duh, because it’s illegal to slap anyone). Besides, it can also denote spanking (the sexual side to 👋 emoji).
This emoji is available in the designated skin tones almost across all platforms.
How and When to Use the 👋 Waving Hand Emoji
- If you’re texting a long lost friend after ages, use 👋 emoji as a way of greeting them.
- It can even be used to say ‘Goodbye’.
- The 👋 Waving Hand emoji can be used in a funny context of waving at someone for them to notice you. Basically, use this emoji to reach out for some attention.
- As mentioned before, you can also use this emoji in sexual contexts, with people of your own wavelength and personality (because not everyone gets it, nor enjoys it).
- The 👋 emoji can also be used to send across a slap on text too (deffo a friendly whack, of course).
- 👋 Hi!
- 👋 Hello
- 👋 What’s Up
- 👋 Goodbye
- 👋 See ya
- 👋 Spank
- 👋 Slap
- 👋 Whack
- 👋 Hand Wave
- 👋 Waving
- 👋 Yo!