Meaning: A yellow hand approaching in the right direction, depicted in motion to grab another hand in a shake. The direction of the hand may also be interpreted as the east. The emoji showcases the tanned side of the open rightwards hand.
The Rightwards Hand emoji suggests a hand going in for a handshake. It signifies initiation, agreement, a deal, or even a navigational sign (hand in this case), pointing or reaching to the right. It could also symbolize the metaphorical manner of helping someone and asking for help – giving or asking for a hand.
🚨 Please Note: This emoji is officially approved in September 2021, as part of the Unicode 14.0 release. It will be available on all major platforms and devices during the latter half of 2021 and all through 2022.
How and When to Rightwards Hand Emoji
- You may use this emoji as a way of offering peace via a handshake. It could be initiated or reciprocated with the same emoji.
- If you’re reaching out for something or to something/someone, you could convey it with this emoji. Like, “Hi, guys! Do like and support our cause! “.
- If you’re making the not-so-serious deals on chat or sealing some of them, you can use . For example, “I’ll bring the booze, and you get the music. Cool? ”.
- Use this emoji while being on the giving side as well; as the “helping hand”. For instance, “Little deeds can result in the biggest things “
- The right hand is generally the dominant hand for most of us. We do a lot of things with our right hands, from writing to eating, and even in a little self-love. Pop culture has turned the right hand as a symbol for “sexual self-help” and you may apply this emoji in this twisted way too.
- This emoji also refers to the “tag” hand, which is otherwise a game of staying as far from touch as possible. Ironic. But, you may use this ‘tag’ in the sense of transferring something or even forming or making a team with this emoji – “Didn’t know we’d make such a great team! “.
- Left Hand Moving to the Right Side
- Helping (Left) Hand
- Left Handshake
- Left Hand Touch
- Hand Reaching Out
- Patting Hand
- Left Hand Tag
- Right Direction
- Back Hand Slap