Meaning: A yellow hand facing downwards such that the palm is slightly squished by the fingers. Thus gesturing a hand dropping something (accidentally or not), giving something, or even placing one’s hand.
The Palm Down Hand emoji suggests a hand extending to hold another or in search of a hand to hold. It may also represent the act of giving as a gimmick or genuinely, dropping things, or dismissing something like trash.
🚨 Please Note: This is an upcoming emoji currently in draft status. It is not available on any device as of yet. This emoji is expected to be released as part of Unicode 14.0 in the year 2022.
How and When to Use the Palm Down Hand Emoji
- If someone proposed an idea that failed to impress, this emoji works as a brutally honest response. Like, “I’m afraid that wouldn’t work” or “Nope. Any other ideas?”.
- If you dropped something literally or metaphorically, use this emoji to convey that intention. For instance, “Oh, we dropped that idea long ago” or “Dude. I dropped the entire jar on the floor”.
- Speaking of dropping things, you could also apply this emoji to suggest that something “slipped away” – “Well. Guess he just slipped away” or “I feel like the whole project slipped out of control”.
- Use this emoji to shoo something away as well.
- A hand stretching out with the palm faced down could be a subtle way of saying “Wait up!”. So, if you’re asking someone to wait in a funny or seductive way, pop in this emoji.
- If you’re offering to hold someone’s hand or let them hold yours, ironic, you can use this emoji. And with that, it also symbolizes other interpretations surrounding the gesture of “holding hands”.
- Dropping Hand
- Slipping From/Out of the Hand
- Dismissing Hand/Hand of Dismissal
- Throwing Hand
- Offering Hand
- Giving Hand
- Shooing Hand/Shoo!
- Resting Hand