🌘 Meaning: A dark moon with just a thin crescent of light at the side. This is essentially the crescent moon we see from the earth. Both, the light and dark have crater detailing shown on them.
The 🌘 Waning Crescent Moon emoji is the last or the eight-phase of the moon. This stage symbolizes the dark side of the moon taking over, while the crescent is just about visible until that too disappears with the arrival of the new moon phase.
How and When to Use the 🌘 Waning Crescent Moon Emoji
- The last phase of the moon is close to the new moon. Basically, it’s closer to disappearing. So, if you’re texting your buddy about how close you are from quitting your job, ending a toxic relationship, or disappearing from any other such scenario, you can use 🌘.
- Darkness isn’t always bad. In contradiction to popular beliefs, darkness may also signify isolation, peace, calm, etc. You can use 🌘 to suggest that ‘darkness is taking over’, and not necessarily in a negative sense. For instance, “My time to FINALLY take that break is here 🌘”.
- You can also use 🌘 while commenting on posts that have a crescent moon in it, or anything else that looks like it. Similarly, you can use this emoji in the caption while posting or reposting such content.
- 🌘 can also be used in the context of silence and a little bit of chaos (you’d understand if you relate to this use case). For example, “Thank the heavens I’m on the top floor. Even when my annoying cousins come over, I have my peace of mind amidst their monkeying 🌘”.
- 🌘 Waning Moon
- 🌘 Last Lunar Phase
- 🌘 Eight Phase of the Lunar Cycle
- 🌘 Phases of the Moon
- 🌘 Lunar Cycle
- 🌘 Old Moon
- 🌘 Crescent Moon