🌑 Meaning: A dark moon with a dark bluish gradience across the design of the moon. There are also a couple of craters, all dark blue or black in color. On some platforms, this emoji is shown with polka dots.
The 🌑 New Moon emoji represents the first phase of the eight consecutive phases of the moon. This emoji symbolises various things in the background of various beliefs and understandings. While it suggests darkness and a moonless sky, it could also suggest new beginnings.
How and When to Use the 🌑 New Moon Emoji
- During the new moon, we essentially see the dark side of the moon. Since there are numerous perceived causalities between the moon and humans, you can use 🌑 in post/repost captions that are about literal or metaphorical ‘dark sides’ and ‘shadows’ too.
- A new moon is the beginning of the lunar cycle, and so, it could also represent new beginnings at large. So, if your post caption or quote aligns with similar and related themes, you can use 🌑. For example, “It’s a new dawn. A new moon. A new life for me. And I’m feeeeeeling gooood 🌑” (bonus if you sang it along!).
- New moons can have astronomical implications as well. If you’re sharing anything pertaining to the new moon and the signs on your social media handle, you can use 🌑 in the caption.
- There are some new moon festivals in different countries and cultures. If you are a part of an identity that has these festive celebrations, then feel free to bring in the 🌑 emoji into those contexts too!
- 🌑 Dark Side of the Moon
- 🌑 Dark Moon
- 🌑 The Unlit Side of the Moon
- 🌑 First Phase of the Moon
- 🌑 First Phase of the Lunar Cycle
- 🌑 Shadow Moon
- 🌑 Solar Eclipse
- 🌑 New Moon Symbol