We’ve all wanted to fly. To be light enough that we could flap our hands really fast and carry our own weight off the ground. Most of us have also tried doing this for sport as kids, some even do it now. But, no luck. None at all. It’s almost impossible to imagine something like that happening.
And then we see birds. Effortlessly gliding, flying, and shitting on people. How fun. Have you ever sat and thought how wonderful it actually is that we have earthly species that can fly? It’s fascinating, to be honest. We’re so involved in our own little circle of existence that we fail to appreciate or at least acknowledge the magic that’s all around us.
We may not be able to fly like birds in reality, but, we can sure act like them and be them virtually! The gap between reality and virtuality is merged with emojis, anyway. Here are all the bird emojis or rather the “bird personalities” that you can possess online.
🦚 Peacock Emoji
- 🦚 The size and weight would cause second doubts, but all peacocks can fly.
- 🦚 Peacocks are male, peahens are female and the right way to refer to both, in general, is “peafowl”.
- 🦚 Only peacocks (the guys) have colorful tails.
- 🦚 They can be white too! All white.
- 🦚 is the 🇮🇳 Indian national bird.
🦜 Parrot Emoji
- 🦜 Parrots are one of two things. Either they’re talkative or they’re pirate pals. POV – Cartoons.
- 🦜 In real life, parrots are neither of those. They just vocally reflect anything that’s around them or that’s repeatedly present in the surrounding.
- 🦜 and 🦜 are really in it to win it. They mate for life, indeed till death do them apart.
- 🦜 There are only one parrot species that cannot fly – the Kakapo.
- 🦜 eat with their feet!
🦩 Flamingo Emoji
- 🦩 They’re not pink from the start. Chicks are born brown.
- If 🦩 and 🦩 are together, 🦩 cannot and will not disrupt them. Cause, guess what. These birds are monogamous too!
- 🦩 They have one child at a time, and if anything were to happen to that egg, they wait. See, no hurry.
- 🦩 When someone’s being flamboyant, they’re basically mirroring a group of 🦩.
🦉 Owl Emoji
- 🦉 If we’ve mastered the art of differentiating between reality and fiction, we can agree that owls are not magical. But, they’re associated with it. A lot.
- 🦉 Since these birds are nocturnal, they’re often seen as symbols of darkness, the night, and even death.
- 🦉 These bad boys can do a full 360-degree turn with their heads! There’s no way you could go behind Mr. Owl even if you tried.
- 🦉 They have tubular eyes. Not just circles, not “eye sockets”, but eye tubes that connect into their skulls. Maybe if they roll their eyes, they do find their brain back there.
- 🦉 They can be cannibalistic.
🦆 Duck Emoji
- 🦆 They’re also known by the category of “waterfowls”.
- 🦆 They have waterproof wings!
- 🦆 Much like Daffy and Donald, all ducks are usually social butterflies.
- 🦆 Like humans, ducks too feel the most comfortable when they’re in groups.
- 🦆 Considering Old Mc Donald and his farm, you can say that ducks have been farm animals for nearly 500 years now!
- 🦆 Their fidelity lasts just for the mating season, which means these guys choose a new partner each season. Now, boys! Where do ducks belong??
🦅 Eagle Emoji
- 🦅 Bald eagles and all the other “popular eagles” you’ve seen are just a few among 60 species.
- 🦅 There are four groups of eagles encompassing these 60 species.
- 🦅 Their biggest flex is their eyesight. They can easily outdo human eyesight eight times over!
- 🦅 They are faithful, monogamous partners. They don’t cheat even if it was nothing.
- 🦅 It’s a fact that eagles are the biggest birds of prey.
🕊️ Dove Emoji
- 🕊️ Ah! Another couple for life.
- 🕊️ Pigeons and doves synonymous. Both words refer to just one bird.
- 🕊️ They used to be the WiFi of ancient times. Except 200 times slower and uncertain.
- 🕊️ They can drink without lifting their heads. And they’re the only birds who can.
- 🕊️ They’re super adaptable and could live in any condition except in extremes. So, it would require you to be really, really mean for a pigeon to leave you. Not far off from most of us, right?
🐧 Penguin Emoji
- 🐧 They can’t fly.
- 🐧 They don’t have wings per se. Their organs of flight have smoothly adapted to be great flippers.
- 🐧 Penguins love seafood!
- 🐧 They don’t cringe at drinking seawater. Salty.
- 🐧 They divide their day into land and water.
- 🐧 You’d find none at the North Pole.
🦢 Swan Emoji
- 🦢 Swans are monogamous, much like parrots, penguins, and the other birds in the same-genitals-for-life gang.
- 🦢 This is the only waterfowl to have an entire constellation (Cygnus) inspired and named after them!
- 🦢 Speaking of Cygnus, a baby swan is called a Cygnet!
- If 🦢 and 🦢 are mating, and 🦢 interrupts then he/she better pray for his/her life because mating swans are aggressive as hell!
- 🦢 Black swans are real, and not just Natalie Portman. You’d find them in Australia.
- 🦢 Never instigate a swan. They can break your bones.
🐓 Rooster Emoji
- 🐓 They’re real cocks.
- 🐓 Roosters are strong believers in beauty with brawn because these guys are good-looking for a good reason.
- 🐓 Though they’re great managers and keep the hens together and in order, they’re not always the ones who do that. There can be a dominant hen in his place!
- 🐓 They’re highly tolerant towards fellow roosters and can live peacefully in harmony. Well, nature teaches us something new each day. But are we learning? Nah.
🐔 Chicken Emoji
- 🐔 They have a great memory. If you were one among the first 100 people the chicken has seen, chances are that they’ll remember your face. Clearly.
- 🐔 They dream! Maybe now you understand why you saw that chicken in your dream. You crossed paths.
- 🐔 Chickens are closely related to dinosaurs!
- 🐔 They’re not as dumb as you think they are. Dare you underestimate a chicken again, Dan!
- 🐔 They see in color and they see it really well.
🦃 Turkey Emoji
- 🦃 A turkey’s head can change colors! So, if you’ve pissed them off, pretty sure they’re mad red.
- 🦃 They have better vision than humans.
- 🦃 Thanksgiving! A time of gratitude, grace, and of course, slaughter. 46 million turkeys are eaten for Thanksgiving each year.
- 🦃 You can sexually differentiate them only after they’ve pooped because that’s where the answer lies. And there’s only one way to find out.
- 🦃 They can fly, but only if they’re wild.
🐣 Hatching Chick Emoji
- 🐣 Baby chicks develop super fast. The independence a human baby can achieve in 7 months is completed in 2 days!
- 🐣 If a baby chick, unfortunately, passes in a few days after birth, chances are he/she died because of the cold. They’re quite resistant to anything else.
- 🐣 They sleep a lot, just like human babies.
- 🐣 The use-case and significance of this emoji apply to the 🐤 Baby Chick and the 🐥 Front-Facing Chick or the hugging chick.
🐦 Bird Emoji
Although this emoji looks like a robin, it is generically named the “Bird Emoji”. So, 🐦 could be a reference to small birds such as robins, sparrows, the great tits (we didn’t come up with that), nightingales, and magpies.
🦤 Dodo Emoji
A fairly recent addition to the bird emoji family, the 🦤 Dodo represents the Mauritian bird that went completely extinct in the late 1600s.
- 🦤 Humans were the dodo’s first and last predators. Thanks to us, these birds don’t live anymore!
- 🦤 The dodo lays one egg at a time.
- 🦤 Although all dodos were killed for meat, they were rather not that great in taste.
- 🦤 Dodos were almost to be named “wallowbirds”.
- 🦤 Dodos were fearless until human invasion, and this fearlessness was mistaken for stupidity by the humans of the time, thus naming them the “dodo” bird.
🪶 Feather Emoji
Yes, this one’s not a bird, but it’s part of one. Apart from acting as a synecdoche to its owner(s), 🪶 can also be used in contexts of writing (quills), jewelry, and other scenarios, such as feather tickling.
It’s absolutely wonderful to have a vast species of such spectacular forms of life on earth. These emojis are just the tip of the iceberg’s tip. Yet they’re helpful while referring to anything bird-related, including quills!