Fruits! One of the main sections of our hopefully balanced diet and a base for so many and more flavors, both palatable and fragrant. These juicy, alluring, and intricate health packages have come a very long way, only to branch out in so many other ways.
Fruits have higher natural sugar content than vegetables, and that explains why grandma can have apples but discreetly. Or in strict and limited proportions. You can eat fruit, lots of it. In fact, eating too much fruit would not risk your health in any way. Except, you’d be consuming loads of sugar and that’s the only reason you’d want to keep it within limits.
If you’re recommending fruits, talking about fruity scents, sharing recipes, or even identifying with certain fruits, these fruit emojis are more than happy to help.
🍎 Red Apples
- 🍎 Red apples are actually called “Red Delicious Apples”.
- 🍎 If you’re growing apples, you’re an Apple Scientist! And your work is called “Pomology”. Bells ring in French.
- 🍎 has come to be known as the “forbidden fruit” in Christianity. But here’s a task for y’all. Where is that mentioned? That the forbidden fruit is an apple?
- 🍎 If you want the apple to really keep you healthy and the doc away, don’t peel the skin off. Red apples have most of their antioxidant properties in the skin!
🍏 Green Apples
- 🍏 A close and sour cousin of the red delicious apples. Green apples are the better option if you wish to keep your sugars in check.
- 🍏 They’re a great way to keep your bones strong.
- 🍏 They can be a lot more fibrous than the red ones.
- 🍏 Green apples work wonders on your skin by slowing down the facial aging process! We’re all so SO afraid of growing old, after all.
- 🍏 Just saying, but there are yellow apples too.
- 🥭 There are over 1500 varieties of mangoes!
- 🥭 As it’s widely known, mangoes are super sweet. Most of them at least. Hence, restricted consumption is always recommended.
- 🥭 And that’s not the only reason why you’d want to eat these fruits in balanced proportions. Mangoes are heaty, and consuming too much of them can give you those nasty heat boils.
- 🥭 Mangoes are not really the “King of Fruits”, it’s the Durian. But… whatever.
- 🥭 Our tummies have been in touch with mangoes since 400 BCE.
- 🥭 Mango trees hold spiritual significance in India.
- 🥭 They rank amongst the most desired fruits in the world!
- 🍍 If you want to grow pineapples in your backyard, make sure you’re really generous with gratification, because 🍍 takes 3 years to mature.
- 🍍 But! Once that’s done, you’d have fruits for the next 50 years!
- 🍍 Did you know that a pineapple is not an apple? Did you know it’s not a pine either? 🍍 is a berry!
- 🍍 If you want a pineapple to ripen real quick, just store them upside down.
- 🍍 Pineapple on pizza has been a visible global debate only in recent social media times. But, guess what? That debate’s been going on since the 1960s.
- 🍌 They’re the oldest fruits in the whole wide world. Well. That’s debatable, but they’re definitely one of the oldest fruits.
- 🍌 Peeps have been going bananas for over ten thousand years now.
- 🍌 And no, that’s not just a figure of speech. Humans share about 50% of their genetic makeup with bananas, and 60% vice versa. Guess why.
- 🍌 They’re berries, and they’re radioactive.
- 🍌 If you’re feeling low, eat a banana. No, pooping doesn’t always better the situation. Bananas are serotonin-pumping acids and vitamins, thus leaving your mood in a better shape. Elongated.
- 🍐 This one’s going to come as a shocker, but pears are related to roses. They belong to the same family. The Jon Snow to the Daenerys Targaryen.
- 🍐 If you want nice and ripe pears, it’s a better option to pluck them out and then leave them to ripen.
- 🍐 Back in the day when tobacco leaves were not yet a “thing” in Europe, guess what was used to make cigarettes?
(Answer at the bottom. Oh, wait. Google, right?).
- 🍐 If you’re in China, don’t share a pear with anyone close. Eat it all. By yourself.
- 🍐 If you’re having a tough time with your digestive system, have a pear. It’s wonderfully light on the stomach.
- 🍑 They are stone fruits.
- 🍑 Peaches saw the face of the earth in China, about eight thousand years ago.
- 🍑 The first fruit eaten on the moon was a peach! If they ever landed on the moon, ofc. What can I say, son? Everything’s debatable these days.
- 🍑 Peaches aren’t nectarines. The only difference is the coating or skin. Which kinda makes them the same.
- 🍑 It’s the second most sexualized fruit and emoji on social media. Plus, it has aphrodisiac qualities.
- 🍑 There are two main categories of peaches; clingstones and freestones (speak of extremes).
- 🍒 Cherries are not related to nor grown on 🌸 Cherry Blossoms.
- 🍒 A single cherry tree can have nearly 7000 cherries!
- 🍒 There are sweet, and sour or tart cherries.
- 🍒 If you’re munching on cherries, kindly spit out the pit or the kernel. Don’t chew on them.
- 🍒 To put the cherry on the top, these dangling berries have higher sexual references to the female anatomy than the male (think of the last time when sex wasn’t on the “hype list”. Hence the “cherry on the top”).
- 🍓 This one’s definitely a fruit that looks better than it tastes. Sorry, strawberry. But looks aren’t everything, okay?
- 🍓 Ever wondered why they look so different from any other fruit? It’s because their seeds are on the outside.
- 🍓 If weight loss is on your charts, you’d want to consider eating a healthy amount of strawberries.
- 🍓 is not a berry.
- 🍓 Much like pears and peaches, these red guys too are related to roses.
- 🍓 They can be aphrodisiacs.
- 🥝 Kiwis are similar to grapes because there are kiwi vineyards and not kiwi orchards, i.e., they don’t grow on trees, instead, vines are their thing.
Ngl. But kiwis would make great Instagram content.
- 🥝 If you want to plant a kiwi vineyard, there’s good news. You’ll have fruits for the next 30 years!
- 🥝 Do you have sucky immunity? Is your hair strand stronger than your immunity? If yes, eat kiwi! Lots of it.
- 🥝 There are hairless kiwi fruits too.
- 🥝 If you’re someone who takes forever to fall asleep, eat two kiwis before bed and savor the magic! Actually, you’d be sleeping through it.
- 🫐 Blueberries are wonderful immunity boosters! (we need them now more than ever. Post-2020.)
- 🫐 They’ve been around for over 13000 years! Sucks that it’s a new flavor to so many of us, smh.
- 🫐 They used to be known as ‘star-fruits/berries’ by the Native Americans.
- 🫐 They’re native to North America, aka to the Native Americans. No, not the white ones. The OG ones.
- 🫐 These cluster fruits are the only naturally occurring blue food/fruits in the entire world.
- 🍇 If there are blueberries, we have them in purple, red, black, yellow, pink, and green too! Yes, grapes are berries!
- 🍇 Raisins are dried grapes, in case you thought them to be some other variety of exotic dry fruits.
- 🍇 Take a wild guess as to how long grapes have been on planet earth. To know the answer, scroll down unless you’re busy Googling it already.
- 🍇 The grapes you eat raw and the ones used to make wine are not the same, and the latter is sweeter!
- 🍇 They’re packed with antioxidants.
- 🍈 refers to muskmelon and its range of melon species.
- 🍈 Ancient Egypt revered it as an “elite fruit”.
- 🍈 Melon seeds are delicious and addictive snacks! Try keeping a bowl of them close to you while watching TV.
- 🍈 Cantaloupes and honeydew are closely related. Both are rich in Vitamin C and have nearly the same amount of natural sugars.
- 🍈 How do you know if a melon is just right? Not too ripe and not too raw? Check for a heavy melon and gently push down the surface, if it bounces back, it’s a good one. A keeper.
- 🍉 Breaking and shocking news! Watermelons are actually vegetables! But they’re counted as fruits too. See! Fruits can be both too!
- 🍉 They’re 92% water.
- 🍉 We’ve mostly seen watermelons having red flesh, but they can have green, yellow, white, and orange flesh.
- 🍉 If you come across a seedless watermelon, chances are that it’s not a hybrid fruit, but natural and organic in their own way.
- 🍉 If you’ve swallowed a seed(s), RELAX, it’s good for you. They’re rich in protein, zinc, and magnesium. And, no, a tree won’t sprout in/from/within your belly.
- 🍋 If you’ve ever squeezed the lemons life gave you only to get three tablespoons of juice, guess what. That’s all you get because that’s all there is.
- 🍋 If you want to keep the other fruits from rotting, here’s a helpful tip. Sprinkle some lemon/lime juice onto those fruits to keep them edible just a little longer.
- 🍋 Back in the day, lemons were super rare. They were giftable items! Imagine gifting lemons today. Lol.
- 🍋 ‘Lemon’ can be a name and it was a popular one during the 1900s. Nice to meet you, Mr. Lemon T.
- 🍋 Every part of a lemon tree is useful; the leaves, the fruit, the skin of the fruit, the seed, the juice, all of it.
- 🍊 Orange juice is the most-loved fruit juice in the world!
- 🍊 Bitter oranges have walked the earth since the 700s, but the sweet ones have been known to us only from the late 1500s or early 1600s.
- 🍊 The reason behind the color ‘orange’ being called orange, is this fruit! Imagine calling the color “yellow” banana.
- 🍊 If you wish to keep them slugs out of your garden, just pepper your garden with some orange peel.
- 🍊 They’re helpful in increasing libido.
- 🍊 Not all ripened oranges are orange, some remain green.
Fruits That Are Thought to Be Vegetables
- 🫒 All olives; brown, black, green, purple, and pink are fruits and not vegetables.
- 🫒 If you’re planting olives by any chance, prepare to wait for years before they start bearing fruit. But once, they do, their life span is almost eternal. Eternity is a few hundred years to some sources and thousands to others. So, the right measure would be a “lifetime”.
- 🫒 Although olives were in vogue for the last couple of thousands of years, science says that they may have been here for much longer, as long as 40 million years.
- 🫒 Olive oil has been a mandatory ingredient in most Greek dishes. It’s a valuable commodity, which was also used as ‘anointing oil’ during ancient times.
- 🫒 Most oilves are converted into oil.
- 🍅 Tomato, tomato. These famous vegetables are indeed fruits, always been and always will be.
- 🍅 If you thought you’re familiar with just a handful or two handfuls of tomato varieties, this may be quite surprising. There are over ten thousand 🍅 varieties!
- 🍅 Due to the deadly toxins present in 🍅, these fellas are said to have caused massive fear of consumption in the past and were known as the “devil’s apples”.
- 🍅 The riper the tomato, the heavier it is.
- 🍅 Tomato juice is the second healthiest fruit juice, right after cranberry.
- 🍅 If you’ve come to dislike your belly fat (first of all, you shouldn’t, and second of all, you’re bod’s perf), eating tomatoes can help burn it.
- 🥥 “Falling coconut deaths” is a real thing. On average, there are a hundred and fifty instances where coconuts kill people each year.
- 🥥 Coconut oil is great for almost everything! Hair, skin, nails, food, and including dog fur coats!
- 🥥 There’s a ‘World Coconut Day’, and it’s observed on the 2nd of each September.
- 🥥 If you’re allergic to mosquito repellents and you’re forced to use it anyway because of your location, you can replace those pesky repellents by burning coconut husk instead.
- 🥥 Much like a lot of other fruits on this list, every part of 🥥 and its plant is super useful.
- 🥑 Here’s an unusual and unthinkable relation, avocadoes and cinnamon! Yep, avocadoes are in fact related to cinnamon through the fruit family tree.
- 🥑 If you’re trying to cut down on dairy, avocado would be the healthiest replacement for butter.
- 🥑 If you want your avocado to ripen faster than promised, just put 🥑 into a brown paper bag along with two 🍌 and watch it ripe ASAP. In fact, this works for all fruits, and maybe, vegetables too.
- 🥑 Although avocadoes first arrived from present-day south-central Mexico, Mexican avocadoes were once banned from entering the US.
Fruits mean different things to different people. While they mean health to some, they mean flavor to others. While they’re just another thing to some, fruits are fascinating and interesting to others. Whichever category you may fit into or find fitting to your beliefs (including the ones that aren’t mentioned), we hope these fruit emojis fulfill your virtual/online purpose.
Answers (in case you didn’t google it already)
- Possible reasons for the human-🍌genetic relations could lie in the fact that we shared a common ancestor.
- Dried 🍐 leaves were used in making cigarettes when tobacco was not yet in fashion.
- 🍇 have been around for 66 million years!