Meaning: A small but lean glass container tilted downwards, pouring out the liquid that was in it only to form a tiny puddle at the bottom. The liquid looks reddish, suggesting wine, but it could be anything from water or milk to alcohol too.
The Pouring Liquid emoji represents the act of throwing or pouring something out probably because it’s bad, stale, or just given by the wrong person (yeah, we’re all evil that way). This emoji may also suggest spilled milk and the wonderful lessons we learn from it.
🚨 Please Note: This is an upcoming emoji currently in draft status. It is not available on any device as of yet. This emoji is expected to be released as part of the Unicode 14.0 in the year 2022.
How and When to Use the Pouring Liquid Emoji
- If you’re texting someone about how bad something was, not necessarily a drink, you may use this emoji. Like, “Dude. The party was so yucky.” or “Geez. I’d rather have just water, please”.
- It doesn’t matter what the reason to spill the drink was, but that’s just rude and most importantly, wasteful. So, if you’re referring to anything wasteful, please use this emoji – “Stop wasting stuff for TikTok!”.
- Use this emoji if you’re talking about something that’s throwable or needs to be thrown out. For instance, “Throw that attitude out” or “Ewww. That’s not a good sign! Throw it at once!”.
- If you’re typing out a moving caption about crying over spilled milk or texting/advising someone with this idiom, feel free to use this emoji.
- You could use this emoji while metaphorically talking about “pouring” something into something else. For instance, “If you’re doing something from the heart, you gotta pour a bit of yourself into it”.
- This emoji can also be used in literal terms while referring to ‘pouring’, ‘transferring’, ‘filling’ something. Like, “Transfer the liquid into the mix”.
- Pouring Water/Wine/Milk/Any Drink
- Throwing Liquid
- Flow Out
- Fall Off (the “accidental” spill)