🤷♂️ Meaning: A waist-length description of a man with side-parted hair holding his hands parallel to his face and sinking his head a little low, thus making a shrug.
The 🤷♂️ Man Shrugging emoji suggests indifference, confusion, cluelessness, and even a sense of low-key apathy. This emoji is available in the designated skin tones on almost all platforms.
How and When to Use the 🤷♂️ Man Shrugging Emoji
- If someone’s texting you about something you don’t really pay much heed to generally, you can use 🤷♂️ in the response texts.
- You can also use 🤷♂️ as a way of saying “I don’t know what you’re talking about”.
- If someone’s been asking you about something you’re either unsure of or just have no idea about it whatsoever, you can use 🤷♂️.
- 🤷♂️ can also be used in any context that involves the “I don’t know” phrase.
- If you’re disinterested in the topic that’s going on in your chats, you can use 🤷♂️ as a neutral response (hopefully, the other person would get that you couldn’t care any less).
- You could bring the 🤷♂️ emoji into your captions while posting about something cringy and unimaginable that happened.
- However, sometimes, the 🤷♂️ emoji might come off as a disrespectful gesture (both on text and in real life). So, use it only with people who you think might be okay with that emoji and gesture.
- 🤷♂️ I Don’t Know
- 🤷♂️ Uninterested
- 🤷♂️ Confused
- 🤷♂️ Clueless
- 🤷♂️ Apathetic
- 🤷♂️ Unfriendly
- 🤷♂️ Shruggie
- 🤷♂️ Shrug
- 🤷♂️ Careless
- 🤷♂️ Doubtful
- 🤷♂️ Indifference
- 🤷♂️ Disrespectful
- 🤷♂️ Unbelievable