🤷♀️ Meaning: A waist-length portrayal of a woman with side-parted hair, throwing her hands up in the air and parallel to her face while sinking her head a little lower into the neck.
The 🤷♀️ Woman Shrugging emoji refers to the universal response to anything we’re too lazy to talk about; “I don’t know”. It can also suggest a lack of interest, cluelessness, confusion, and even doubt to a certain extent.
Copy and paste this emoji:
How and When to Use the 🤷♀️ Woman Shrugging Emoji
- If you’re telling your bestie about an impossible situation or person in your life, you can use the 🤷♀️ in such contexts.
- 🤷♀️ can also be used while responding to something you genuinely don’t know much or anything of.
- If you’re posting something ironic and eyeball-roll worthy on your social media feed or story, you can use 🤷♀️ as a way of saying “Don’t know what the world has come to”.
- In general, 🤷♀️ is used to replace the phrase “I don’t know”.
- If someone told you about something, but you don’t remember much or anything of it, you can use 🤷♀️ to show that you are genuinely oblivious about it (genuinely is the keyword here).
- You can also use 🤷♀️ as a way of showing confusion.
- But, sometimes, the 🤷♀️ emoji can be interpreted as a rude or disrespectful gesture, so ensure to use it with people of your own wavelength and comfort circle.
- 🤷♀️ Shruggie
- 🤷♀️ Indifferent
- 🤷♀️ Confused
- 🤷♀️ Whatever
- 🤷♀️ Uninterested
- 🤷♀️ Apathy (low-key)
- 🤷♀️ Doubtful
- 🤷♀️ Forgetful
- 🤷♀️ Careless
- 🤷♀️ Cluelessness
- 🤷♀️ Oblivious
- 🤷♀️ Helpless
- 🤷♀️ Unaware
- 🤷♀️ Unbelievable