Meaning: A face with a pair of dark eyes, a short horizontal line for a mouth below it with a dotted facial circumference containing the rest of the face.
The Dotted Line Face emoji is a solid, but dotted structure, thus suggesting the outline of something that’s not solidified yet. This emoji could also represent a feeling of being invisible, unimportant, or insignificant. It can also refer to a wallflower.
Copy and paste this emoji:
How and When to Use the Dotted Line Face Emoji
- If you’re referring to someone, or yourself who’s slowly disappearing or going out of sight, you can use this emoji. For instance, “I don’t know what he’s going through but he hasn’t called me in two weeks now ” or “I don’t feel that included these days, man ”.
- In a similar framework, you may apply this emoji as a reference to fading away as well. Like, “I feel like I’m fading away “, “Oh, that trend faded away in the 2000s ” or “I think humanity is slowly fading away “.
- This emoji is one of the very few emojis that talk or represent mental health and mental illness. If you think about it, fading away on a drastic mental level is very close to feelings of depression. Hence, this emoji can be used in such a delicate and sensitive sphere as well.
- A face that’s clearly visible yet not visible enough could also indicate that that face or that person is hidden in plain sight. This perspective also suggests unimportance. If you’re talking about someone or something that fits this POV, use this emoji.
- You could also say that you’re introverted without having to use the words with this emoji.
- Now, the bright sides to this emoji. An outlined face could also be a symbol for anything that’s just a blueprint or a work in progress. The outline may suggest incompleteness, thus revealing parts of a whole.
- Dotted Face
- Face That’s Fading Away
- Introverted (Face)
- Unimportant Face/Person
- Hidden in Plain Sight
- Out of Sight
- Disappearing Face