Meaning: A face with a pair of dark eyes, a short horizontal line for a mouth below it while the circumference of the face is described with a dotted line.
The Dotted Line Face emoji is a solid, but dotted structure, thus suggesting the outline of something that’s not solidified yet. This emoji could also represent a feeling of being invisible, unimportant, or insignificant. It can also refer to a wallflower.
🚨 Please Note: This is an upcoming emoji currently in draft status. It is not available on any device as of yet. This emoji is expected to be released as part of Unicode 14.0 in the year 2022.
How and When to Use the Dotted Line Face Emoji
- If you’re referring to someone who slowly disappeared or went out of sight, you can use this emoji. For instance, “I don’t know what he’s going through but he hasn’t called me in two weeks now“.
- In a similar framework, you may apply this emoji as a reference to fading away as well. Like, “I feel like I’m fading away”, “Oh, that trend faded away in the 2000s” or “I think humanity is slowly fading away”.
- This emoji is one of the very few emojis that talk or represent mental health and mental illness. If you think about it, fading away on a drastic mental level is very close to feelings of depression. Hence, this emoji can be used in such a delicate and sensitive sphere as well.
- A face that’s clearly visible yet not visible enough could also indicate that that face or that person is hidden in plain sight. This perspective also suggests unimportance. If you’re talking about someone or something that fits this POV, use this emoji.
- You could also say that you’re introverted without having to use the words with this emoji.
- Now, the bright sides to this emoji. An outlined face could also be a symbol for anything that’s just a blueprint or a work in progress. The outline may suggest incompleteness, thus revealing parts of a whole.
- Dotted Face
- Face That’s Fading Away
- Introverted (Face)
- Unimportant Face/Person
- Hidden in Plain Sight
- Out of Sight
- Disappearing Face