Meaning: A yellow face with eyes wide open, raised eyebrows, and a partially open mouth, all seen in parts beneath and a pair of yellow hands. One hand covers the left eye, and the other covers the right, but with a “V” opening through the index and middle finger, revealing the terrified eye.
The Face With Peaking Eye emoji describes a frightened or cautious face. This emoji is the literal translation of our faces while watching something horrifying. Thus, it signifies horror, surprise, shock, unable to look nor look away, and a sense of staring, but from the corner of the eye.
How and When to Use the Face With Peeking Eye Emoji
- If someone sent you something spine chilling or absolutely terrifying and scarring, you could respond with this emoji as a way of saying, “I couldn’t watch one bit of it without my eyes closed ”. Ironic, yeah.
- Sometimes, we’re captivated by certain things. We push ourselves to consume it fully although it scares every ounce of us. This emoji defines that captivation, and you can use in related contexts.
- also signifies the expression of looking at something you shouldn’t have, going by the fact that the mouth is wide open and seemingly surprised. If you’re responding to such scandalous content, use
- If you’re referring to the act of staring but with an awkward and visible gesture that pretty much attracts all the more attention, use this emoji.
- You could also apply this emoji talking about a nosy someone or if you’re that nosy someone and texting your buddy to “keep an eye or two” on someone.
- Scared/Frightened Face
- Too Scared to Look
- Can’t Look Away
- Staring Face
- Peeking Face
- Captivated Face
- Scandalized Face