*️⃣ Meaning: A white six-spoked star or asterisk pasted onto a faded-blue rounded square. The *️⃣ Keycap: * emoji represents the asterisk or the star key. It could signify a censor, a verbal blur, a correction, or even a symbol of navigation and continuation.
How and When to Use the *️⃣ Keycap: * Emoji
- If you’re referring to an offense, stating an offensive sentence or word, or even sharing a viral post/repost containing and surround offense, use *️⃣. For instance, “TW *️⃣: Contains offensive language”.
- You may also use *️⃣ while typing out an abusive word (not sure what the point is, but if you’re up for censorship, this point is useful).
- Speaking of censorship, *️⃣ the way to go. It doesn’t matter if you’re for or against it, you could use this emoji either way. For example, “Free the goddamn nipple! *️⃣”, “Censorship reflects a society’s lack of confidence in itself *️⃣” or “Fcuk you *️⃣ Did I place the asterisk right?”.
- *️⃣ also acts as a mode of continuation. Like, “I want to tell you something, remind me *️⃣”. 12 days later. “Hey remember??? *️⃣”.
- *️⃣ is just the emoji version of the keyboard asterisk (*). However, since emojis are such a prominent part of the social media lingo, this emoji would be the perfect replacement.
- *️⃣ Asterisk
- *️⃣ Terms and Conditions Apply
- *️⃣ Six-Pointed Star
- *️⃣ Star Keycap
- *️⃣ Censorship
- *️⃣ Blur
- *️⃣ Bullet
- *️⃣ Ditto
- *️⃣ Reference