Virtually translating precise emotions from the spectrum of sadness could be painstaking, especially when the other option is to articulate that emotion via text (of course, you could always call or visit, but we know how that goes).
And to cut you the slack of typing out specific emotions, we’ve crafted this list of “bearable pain” emojis for all the times you are sad, but not enough to cry. Read on to know how to use them!
This one’s anticipative; signifying worry, and sadness, or momentary grief about something that could be unfavorable in any way.
- I was worried, goddamnit, What do you expect? 😟
- Sheesh. That was quite disturbing 😟 I hope she’s okay.
This emotion is the consequence of hours of crying. It represents the sweet relief at the end of such a session, aided by a caring text message, phone call or even comfort food sent over by someone who cares.
- You melt my heart, you know that? 😥
- What would I do without you??😥😥
If you’re making the ‘crying face’ in reality, then you could use 😩 to translate that emotion into an emoji. This emoji shows sadness that’s not only bearable but also exhausting to a certain extent.
- Apparently, I need to redo the whole damn thing 😩😩😩
- Can’t we just get done with it already??? 😩
Concern is usually directed towards a situation, towards something that’s consumed via text, social media etc. Showcasing a complete frown indicates an animated, but strangely, endearing way of showing sadness.
- Why does this always happen ☹️
- I was looking forward to it ☹️
A slight frown suggests lesser sadness just as the full frown suggests a full-blown reason for sadness. This one’s for the times when something is sad but comparatively brighter than other possibilities.
- I really wanted to go, tho 🙁
- But, why?? 🙁🙁 Why don’t I deserve thy kindness??
As the name suggests, 😰 is the anxious emoji. This one’s saved for the times that literally make your mind or body numb with fear. It’s the perfect response to something that made you rethink or re-overthink anything 😰.
- Shit. I never thought of it that way. WHAT HAVE I DONE 😰
- I just passed by that house. Creepy AF 😰
😨 is very similar to the previous, the only difference here is, you’re witnessing the otherwise assumed and anticipated dread in the first person. It’s an immediate reaction to horror.
- Jesus Christ. What in the world did you send me???? 😨😨😨😨
- Are you kidding? I’m absolutely horrified. 😨
This one’s the “I can’t but I must” face. If you’re ever trying to convey helplessness and regret, 😣 is the way forward.
- I just sat through the entire half hour session that felt like a gruesome eternity 😣
- Geez. Here we go again 😣
We hope you found our list to be effective enough in cutting out a niche for those special emotions that don’t result in tears but still fall into the category of pain and sadness 🥲.