Meaning: A yellow emoji face with a pair of teary eyes, converging eyebrows, and a but slightly open wide mouth showing no teeth. The eyes and some of the expression is similar to the 🥺 Pleading Face emoji.
The Face Holding Back Tears emoji signifies deep sentiment. It suggests an emotionally vulnerable moment that could be caused by something sad, happy, proud, angry, or anything that softens the heart a little. It could also be the prelude to a full-blown breakdown.
🚨 Please Note: This emoji is officially approved in September 2021 as part of the Unicode 14.0 release. It will be available on all major platforms and devices during the latter half of 2021 and through 2022.
How and When to Use the Face Holding Back Tears Emoji
- If someone sent you something sweet, heartwarming, heartbreaking, sad, or even said something evoking any of these emotions, you could respond with this emoji as it does say “Don’t make me cry”.
- You may also use this emoji while commenting on moving, inspirational, or heart-wrenching content on social media. It could be an emotional photo, video, quote, anything.
- If someone made you so proud that you actually cried or had tears in your eyes, you can let them know that you’re super proud of them with this emoji.
- If you encountered something beautiful online and you felt this amazing sense of gratitude, then too, this emoji covers for you. Similarly, you can use this emoji even while saying thank you to someone who did something really thoughtful for you/others.
- Holding one’s tears back is a sign of strength for some people (although it ain’t). So, if you’re trying to describe emotional strength or/and resistance, you may apply this emoji.
- Teary-Eyed Face
- Face With Teary Eyes
- About-to-Breakdown Face
- Choking Face (with overwhelming emotion)
- Proud Face
- Tearing Up
- Sad Face
- Angry Face
- Emotional Face