Meaning: A gender-neutral person described with an expanded stomach. The person’s seen holding the bulging tummy with both hands while the head is faced slightly downwards.
The Pregnant Person emoji signifies gender-neutral pregnancy – a pregnant person and not a pregnant woman per se. The reason for the stomach bulge could be different things – a human baby, a food baby, gas, acidity, anything the person is and can be pregnant or full with.
🚨 Please Note: This emoji is officially approved in September 2021, as part of the Unicode 14.0 release. It will be available on all major platforms and devices during the latter half of 2021 and all through 2022.
How and When to Use the Pregnant Person Emoji
- A swollen belly can be the effect of a lot of things besides childbirth. It could indicate a bloated or bulged tummy pregnant with gas or something. So, if you’re texting someone about how bloated you are, use this emoji.
- This emoji might be the non-binary version of the 🤰 Pregnant Woman. With that premise at hand, you could use it while referring to any pregnant person and not a pregnant woman. Anybody with a uterus, ofc.
- You can apply this emoji while referring to anything bloated.
- If you’ve noticed, it’s quite natural to bloat after a meal. It indicates a full and mostly happy tummy (because you don’t always bloat when you’re full. Sometimes you’ve hardly eaten and the bloat’s ready!). In this online pretext, whatever may be the reason to bloat, you can use this emoji.
- You could also use this emoji to spread awareness. Awareness about good manners. Not everyone with a swollen stomach is pregnant. Like, “I think you need to be a lot more aware while asking such personal questions so frivolously. I just ate, man! WTH ”.
- Person With Pregnant Stomach
- Person With Swollen Stomach
- Gender-Neutral Pregnancy
- Person With Bulging Belly
- Person With a Full Stomach
- Person With Bloated Stomach
- Hungry Person
- Gassy Person
- Person With Flatulence (aka Farty Person)