Meaning: An emoji showing an empty bird’s nest designed with a semi-bowl foundation and lots of twigs and sticks, thus showing as a nice thick shade of brown.
The Empty Nest emoji suggests that the birds have left the nest. It furthers that notion to other species apart from birds too. This emoji indicates the stage of independence every living being goes through and also describes parental sadness that comes with an empty nest.
🚨 Please Note: This is an upcoming emoji currently in draft status. It is not available on any device as of yet. This emoji is expected to be released as part of Unicode 14.0 in the year 2022.
How and When to Use the Empty Nest Emoji
- If you’re expressing low or mild separation anxiety in any shape or form, you can use this emoji. For instance, “It hurts to see all of you leave. I’m back again, alone in this empty nest”.
- You could also apply this emoji while referring to independence. It could be your own financial independence, that of another person, or even a pet animal you used to house. Like, “There goes my baby lion *sobs*”.
- Use this emoji if ’empty nest syndrome’ is what you’re aiming at. It could emerge from your own experience or someone else’s.
- An empty nest also suggests that there’s no room for physical vulnerability because all those eggs are fully formed adults now. For example, “Oh, sorry mate. No impressionable minds in here!” or “You cannot attack someone who’s left the nest”.
- “Leaving the nest” also means that you’re no longer an active part of the house you used to live in. As in, there’s no constant participation in that sphere because you’re out there building your own life. You may use this emoji to showcase this perspective as well.
- An unexpected turn to this emoji is that it could represent the beginning of a family too since the nest is empty. The birdies are yet to come!
- Empty Nest Syndrome
- Starting a Family
- Separation Anxiety/Sadness
- Leaving Home
- No Family