✏️ Meaning: An upside-down pencil facing to the left, in such a way that the sharpened led in at the bottom, continued with a short yellow body and ending in a metal rim that has a round piece of rubber attached to it.
First, above anything else, the ✏️ Pencil emoji signifies childhood; the time when we used pencils the most. Secondarily, this emoji could suggest sketching, drawing, rough ideas, erasability, and something that’s not concrete.
How and When to Use the ✏️ Pencil Emoji
- Anything written with a pencil is easy to erase. Hence, ✏️ may also be used in the contexts of something erasable. For example, “I may not be able to erase the past, but I sure can rewrite the future ✏️”.
- Pencils make mistakes easier to fix; no damage done to the paper, nor to the content. So, you may also use ✏️ while talking about mistakes either in a post caption or a textual conversation. Like, “It’s alright to make mistakes, man, as long as you learn from them ✏️”.
- Since pencil writing is easy to fade/erase, ✏️ could also signify that something is not final or concrete. For instance, “We’ve just made pointers. Nothing’s settled yet ✏️”.
- If you’re posting or reposting some happy and good-vibes content about schooling, childhood, etc, you could use ✏️ in the caption.
- Use ✏️ in the caption even while sharing artistic posts or reposts related to drawing, sketching, and any other art that uses a pencil (including shavings).
- ✏️ Pencil With Eraser
- ✏️ Scribble
- ✏️ Sketching Pencil
- ✏️ Writing
- ✏️ Scrawl
- ✏️ Jot Down
- ✏️ Pencil Drawing