☝️ Meaning: A raised hand, showing the palm, with just the forefinger held up and the rest of the fingers tucked into the palm. It signifies a sense of being modest, wise, and thoughtful.
The ☝️ Index Pointing Up emoji can also suggest a way of saying “I have an idea”. Apart from that, it can be a prequel to asking a question, like a “May I?”. It is available in the designated skin tones almost across all platforms.
How and When to Use the ☝️ Index Pointing Up Emoji
- If you’re on a group chat, and you have a question to ask or a point to make, send ☝️ emoji and then proceed. If no one seems to be giving a damn, send it repeatedly.
- ☝️ emoji can also be used as a cute way of saying “I have an idea”.
- If you’re telling someone something insightful and valuable in a casual and caring context, use ☝️ emoji. Like, “Do not go onto the path of the common ☝️”.
- If you had an epiphany on text, send ☝️ emoji as a “Eureka Moment”.
- If your conversation requires you to say one, or respond to how many times you do something, you can use ☝️ emoji to indicate ‘One’.
- Use ☝️ emoji while telling someone to listen carefully – in other words, to read carefully or pay attention.
- ☝️ Clue
- ☝️ Number One
- ☝️ Look Up
- ☝️ Wise
- ☝️ Secret
- ☝️ Idea
- ☝️ Question
- ☝️ Look Here
- ☝️ Wisdom
- ☝️ Listen Carefully
- ☝️ Pay Attention
- ☝️ Eureka!
- ☝️ Look Up