Meaning: A rectangular identification card with the person’s photo on the left and other details to the right.
The Identification Card emoji stands for identity in any sphere; work, ownership, or education as well. However, metaphorically, it could suggest individual uniqueness too. This emoji also signifies a license or a sense of being qualified or permitted to carry out a particular action or work.
🚨 Please Note: This is an upcoming emoji currently in draft status. It is not available on any device as of yet. This emoji is expected to be released as part of Unicode 14.0 in the year 2022.
How and When to Use the Identification Card Emoji
- You can use this emoji while announcing your new license. Like, “I can FINALLY DRIVE!”. Similarly, this emoji may also be a hint at getting the license in the first place – “Why don’t you get a license, man?“.
- You may also apply this emoji in the framework of licensing as well.
- Speaking of licenses, this emoji can be used in a casual context of “ceasing one’s license”. For instance, “You know you could get arrested for stuff like that?” or “You want me to tell the cops or what?”.
- If you’re seriously asking about someone’s credentials on an informal platform, this emoji would be work for the occasion. For example, “Can I get some details on what you do?” or “How about a few credentials?”.
- Besides, this emoji acts as a symbol of qualification too, given that someone needs to be qualified enough to get an ID card. Be it a kindergartener or the CEO. It may establish one’s qualification on educational, vocational, and other parameters as well.
- ID Card
- Driver’s License/Learner’s Permit
- Individual Details
- Identity Card
- Student ID