👂 Meaning: One single human ear, available in the designated skin tones almost across all platforms. This emoji indicates listening, hearing, lending a listening ear, paying attention, staying vigilant, being alert, etc. It also evokes a sense of comfort, trust, and loyalty.
How and When to Use the 👂 Ear Emoji
- If your best friend pings you about something big and dramatic that happened (or anything at all), send the 👂 emoji to say that you’re all ears, and hers too.
- 👂 can be used to show that you have an aching ear or that you’re going to the doc with someone who does.
- If you’ve been listening or in other words, reading a casual conversation carefully, you can pop in the 👂 now and then to indicate that you’re still there.
- If you’re heading out and someone younger (or older) is back at home, send them a text to stay alert along with the 👂 emoji to bring in a relaxed vibe as opposed to the stress of being home alone.
- If you’re telling someone close as to how you lent a listening ear to someone and now they’ve ghosted you, use 👂 and the 👻 Ghost emoji too, if you like.
- If you’re telling your best friend a secret and you love to make things dramatic, use 👂 to indicate that “psst. it’s a secret” vibe.
- 👂 Listen
- 👂 Listening Ear
- 👂 Hearing
- 👂 Pay Attention
- 👂 Alert
- 👂 Stay Vigilant
- 👂 Listen Carefully
- 👂 Secret
- 👂 Psst
- 👂 Whispering
- 👂 Ear Ache
- 👂 Understanding
- 👂 I’m All Ears